When choosing the nozzle for your application needs, it’s important to get exactly the right one in order to avoid waste, use the highest quality adhesive, and be able to meet the industry standards. A nozzle that is too big is going to be effective, but it’s going to mean a lot of waste. A nozzle that is too small isn’t going to be able to put out the quantity that you need. Use the tips below to help you decide which nozzle to use, but be sure to work with a company like Sure Tack Systems who can work with you to customize your adhesive experience.
- Consider EPA guidelines: Before you can choose your nozzle, you have to choose your adhesive so you know what type of nozzle you need. Be sure to check with the EPA to make sure you are using the most up to date safe methods. For example, recent studies have changed the way mattresses are put together so that companies are choosing between hot melt and aerosol options and require the correct nozzle to push those adhesives.
- Choose the most efficient method: If you can apply adhesives to more than one area at a time in a useful way, that would make your whole process far more efficient than applying them at separate stations. Nozzles with segmented slots allow you to make multiple applications at once and might be a more efficient option for your company.
- Get serious about waste reduction: Waste reduction isn’t just about throwing fewer items away. It’s about using less material in general. Choose nozzles that offer clean cut offs so you can reduce the amount of stringing that occurs. You’ll waste less adhesives and you will ruin less material.
- Opt for easy maintenance: No matter what kind of nozzle you choose, you’re going to have to clean it. Make sure you get a nozzle that is easy to remove and clean. A system with an inline filter is helpful as well since it prevents debris from clogging up your nozzle to begin with.
- Plan for growth: Your business isn’t always going to be the same size. Hopefully, it will grow over the years as you add more diverse options and obtain more customers. That means you need nozzles that are able to meet more than one need.
When you are ready to choose the right nozzle for your application, use the tips above to help you, but visit Sure Tack Systems as well so you can work with a company who understands your goals and is willing to work with you to meet them.