If you want to keep you hot melt adhesive machines running at peak performance, you should always practice preventative maintenance. Taking the time to perform regular preventative maintenance means you can avoid downtime which will increase efficiency and productivity. You will also have to spend less money on replacement parts and equipment.
Hot melt systems and equipment should be purged and cleaned thoroughly every three months or each time you change to a different adhesive. If you keep up with regular preventative maintenance, you will see the following benefits:
- Optimized efficiency: Regular inspections of the systems will help you keep on top of normal wear and tear that tends to create inefficient processes such as restricted adhesive
- Extended machine life: Cleaning the system on a regular basis increase the life of the delivery system by preventing nozzles from clogging and hoses from failing.
- Reduced downtime: This will prevent contamination in the hoses and nozzles and reducing the risk of charring pots.
- Reduced costs: Regular preventative maintenance will reduce the cost of emergency repairs.
- Increased safety: By continuing optimum performance you can prevent hazards and unsafe situations.
To ensure that you get the most from your hot melt adhesive system, check and clean your equipment often. Don’t forget to check your temperatures regularly. Remember, heat build-up during each stage of the hot melt application process can lead to charring. Temperatures that are too low can cause stringing of adhesives. Taking preventative measures is worth the time because it will save you unnecessary costs in the long run.
Sure Tack Systems has been providing hot melt adhesive equipment since 1980. We offer an extensive product line that has a level of quality you can count on. We are committed to ensuring 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us today to find more about preventative maintenance.